The Canadian Home Builders’ Association of British Columbia (CHBA BC) is committed to academic integrity, educational excellence and student success. Students taking CHBA BC courses and writing final exams must abide by the CHBA BC Education Honour Code, and CHBA BC Exam Writing Policy & Procedures.
Education Honour Code
CHBA BC depends on student motivation to learn course material and to do so with honesty and academic integrity. In order to take a CHBA BC course, students must agree to:
- Complete all assignments and exams on their own;
- Not share, post or distribute any post-chapter quiz questions or answers, or take, remove, copy, photograph, share, post or distribute final exam questions or answers.
- Not engage in any activity that would dishonestly improve their results or improve or negatively impact the results of others.
Exam Writing Policy & Procedures
- All online exams are written through the 3rd party exam provider, ProctorU. Students are required to provide valid photo identification to the exam proctor prior to writing an exam. Failure to provide suitable identification will result in the student not being allowed to write the exam. Students are responsible for any expenses incurred from exams that must be rescheduled.
- Students must also grant ProctorU access for remote control over the laptop/desktop computer for the duration of the exam. Students are responsible for ensuring their equipment meets all technical requirements set out by ProctorU. Students are responsible for any expenses incurred from exams that must be rescheduled.
- ProctorU does not allow the use of dual/multiple monitors during online proctored exams, you are only allowed to use one monitor attached to one computer during your exam. If you have a dual monitor setup, you may be asked to disconnect one of the monitors.
- Students are not allowed to have another person impersonate them or write any part of an exam on their behalf.
- CHBA BC final exams are written open book. During exam writing, this means students are allowed to access the following:
- CHBA BC student manuals
- Canadian Home Builders’ Association Builders’ Manual
- BC Building Code
- Hard-copy study notes taken prior to starting the exam
- Traditional (non-electronic) calculators
However, students are NOT allowed to access the following:
- Any part of any course exam or post-chapter quiz, including either questions and/or answers. No exceptions.
- Any electronic device including but not limited to cell phones, personal computers, MP3 players, and smart watches. Students are not allowed to use any form of electronic device to monitor the time, complete calculations or review photographs taken of an instructor’s PowerPoint presentation slides.
EXCEPTION: students writing the final exam for either BC Building Code Part 1 or Part 2 courses can use personal computers for the sole purpose of accessing the BC Building Code electronically.
- At no point before, during or after an exam is a student allowed to take photographs of or otherwise copy down, take, remove, share or distribute any of the exam questions or answers.
- Students must complete all exam questions on their own without any assistance from others.
- The exam invigilator has the authority to close the exam session for any student suspected of failing to abide by the CHBA BC Education Honour Code and/or CHBA BC Exam Writing Policy & Procedures
- Students found in violation of the CHBA BC Education Honour Code, and/or who fail to follow CHBA BC Exam Writing Policy & Procedures, will be subject to one or more of the following consequences:
- Being unenrolled from a course
- Having a course certificate withheld
- Being barred from completing future CHBA BC courses
- Additional actions may be taken at the discretion of CHBA BC.
No refunds will be issued in the case of any corrective action for such violations.