The goal of this course is to provide Energy Advisors information needed to successfully work with Builders in building compliant Part 9 New Homes in British Columbia.
The course covers the following topics:
- Module 1: Understanding the BC Energy Step Code, its purpose, and how it can be implemented;
- Module 2: Identifying the different BC Energy Step Code performance metrics, and how new home components affect home performance values;
- Module 3: Reviewing design considerations that may be required when building a new home, and how they affect the performance metrics listed in the Step Code;
- Module 4: Identifying the administrative and onsite procedures Energy Advisors are required to complete for new home builds;
- Module 5: Discuss how builders, energy advisors, and building officials work together, and review common issues and best practices.